Kale chips are one of my favourite foods to munch on right now. They are easy to make and are great as a snack or as a side to stews, casseroles, or veggie burgers. I usually just drizzle the kale leaves with olive oil, add a sprinkle of salt, and bake, but you can season them anyway you want. This was a tasty variation I came across. It added just enough flavour without overpowering the naturally great taste of baked kale.
I find that for best results make sure the kale is completely dry before drizzling with olive oil and adding your seasonings. This makes for crisper chips that cook more evenly.
Roasted Kale Chips with Parmigiano-Reggiano
1 bunch of kale
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, finely shredded
- Preheat oven to 325 F and prepare a baking sheet (or 2 depending on how much kale you have)
- Wash and thoroughly dry kale. Remove tough stalks from kale, tear into medium-large pieces.
- Place kale into a large bowl and drizzle with oil. Add chili powder, salt, and cheese. Toss to coat.
- Arrange kale on baking sheet in a single layer, and bake about 10-12 minutes until the kale is crispy but not too brown.
- Allow a minute or 2 to cool and then serve.
Recipe adapted from http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipe/roasted-kale-chips-parmigiano-reggiano