This is a fairly simple peanut butter cookie recipe. I like them because they are very low in sodium, contain protein and whole grains, and combine peanut butter and chocolate chips. To be honest it’s that last part that is my favourite. Delicious! For maximal enjoyment I recommend that you enjoy these cookies with a glass of cold milk.
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
1/2 cup salt free margarine or butter
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a baking sheet
- Cream together margarine, peanut butter, white sugar, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Mix in whole wheat flour and baking soda.
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Scoop dough using a tablespoon, and place onto the prepared baking sheet. Use a fork to flatten down the dough.
- Bake for 12-15minutes. Allow cookies to cool slight on the baking sheet before moving to a cooling rack. (They can be a bit crumbly when hot)